Thursday, March 10, 2011

the neighbors

So it is a birthday post! birthday! Birthday! BIRTHDAY!!!
not much to talk about there, but it is the truth!

The neighbors behind us seem really nice from what I can tell, but they go out to their shed more than I ever could have imagined anyone to do. Now, I know I shouldn't care. I have never really noticed anything my neighbors do. I will laugh at certain things with neighbors (like the neighbor I had in Caldwell that had this annoying peacock in their yard), the ones with guns, the ones that smoke insane amounts of weed and cough/laugh for hours in their yard. All these cases I have noticed, but never really cared about. It doesn't affect me. This really doesn't either, but it has struck my curiosity on a level that I have to report. The neighbors have a shed that is right behind our house. A regular evening involves Joel and I sitting on the couch and talking. The back door faces the couch so that we can watch the backyard and see birds and squirrels...you know, boring old people style entertainment. The neighbors have now become more fascinating to us than the animals. They go out to the shed at least 15-20 times within an evening. This always involves them getting something small. Usually a toolbox or a ladder. They ALWAYS lock the door to the shed after wards, which mostly confuses me as it seems like a waste of time when you live in the middle of nowhere and are constantly going out to your shed. The thing that gets me is that when it gets dark, they don't stop going out to the shed. Instead they wear these mining style hats (the ones with the light attached to it) and go out to their shed. They turn on all the lights in the backyard still, but also wear these hats. What gets me the most is 1) couldn't they create some kind of closet or SOMETHING to hold all the items they go out to the shed for the most? 2) what could possibly be so essential that you are going out with a hardhat and a light in the middle of the night to get? also, again, why not put that in the house? 3) if you are going out to the shed in about 5 minutes, why bother locking up the shed again? 4) why is your shed bigger than your house? couldn't you have just expanded the house and shed together so that you don't even have to go through this much effort? I am so fascinated by this. It is the biggest shed I have ever seen. I wonder if they are mechanics. Well, except they don't have a car. Maybe they have a dinosaur collection and are SECRET SCIENTISTS that have lots of bizarre new prehistoric figures to add to museums! OR! Maybe they are zookeepers keeping zoo animals in the shed as a way of eventually supplying extra retirement cash for an easy money making scheme!!! Gotta love those neighbors!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

HAHAHAHA that is the strangest thing EVAR! What on earth is in there? Dead bodies? Zombie experiments? A collection of incredibly valuable tools, that they have collectors come over to view?

I think curiosity would get the better of me and I'd sneak in there ;)