Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I probably should be asleep.

So tired. So very, very tired.

The sound of laundry going through the dryer is making me feel a sense of calm. I guess I have a busy week and should find a way to pass out.

There is something about the way Grass Widow plays that is almost romantic and heart felt. It is reminding me that I should give a listen to some of the Raincoats again soon. I have not heard them in years, but I remember loving them a lot when I did. There are certain pairs of vocal structures that, when working together, seem to make a completely different song of their own. I have always enjoyed that property with funk and early soul music. Especially James Brown.
Then there is the styles of bands like Galaxie 500 or My Bloody Valentine that almost use the vocals to add just another layer in the fabrics of specific distortions. With the amount of delays happening, the vocals are there as just another fold. when you have delay, reverb, most likely a phaser or other effects all working their magic at once, the vocals do not necessarily have to be that obvious. They can almost be used as just another effect. Fucking christ, I love shoegaze. You would think that the closer I am to my 30's I would have found a new style of music to embrace. I think the older I get the more I enjoy the complicated and often lo-fi sounds. Then again, the radio only holds music it seems from a mass populace of anti-depressant rock with a tinge of "join the army" style guitar riffs. Thanks, but no thanks Godsmack. You really don't represent how I feel about music. Maybe the radio has changed since I last heard it, but I am honestly too afraid to check. Alright. Time to give some sleep a try. I have a possible job that I could be landing, and I better be somewhat well rested when I go to apply for it. I should still try to clean out the storage unit too and take a lot of stuff over to the thrift shops. Yikes. I think I will be finding a lot of different types of spiders that I didn't know existed until now.

No comments: