Wednesday, April 8, 2009

dream signals in full circles.

I am listening to this album for the first time in a long while. I remember the first time I heard this album. I was 17 and had met the man that I would later marry in a situation that is best phrased by "all whirlwind, heat and flash." Before we married there was a weird sort of awakening for me. I sometimes wonder if it was doing things that were against moral codes and boundaries, or whether it was simply the idea of feeling a sense of love. He loaned me some various albums to listen to, in which this one happened to be amongst the collection. There were also others in that pack that I still feel grateful for having the exposure to. I found myself listening to this album often during the period of time later on where I lived in Moscow, Idaho. In the icy winter tundra I would find solace listening to this, as well as Dear Nora, Erase Errata, Sonic Youth, and Rachels. When we finally decided on divorcing later on, this album was one that I hoped he would allow me to have during the splitting up of the cd collection. Although I didn't get this one at the time, it didn't matter. There is something grand about listening to an album you enjoy after a long period of time. It allows the sap to collect on the notes just a bit longer and to mature into some fine fruit. I guess we all cannot give in to temptation at every chance.

On a completely different topic, I have found myself making lots of new comics at my flickr page.

Do you ever wonder about people that you shouldn't bother wasting your time on? Lately I keep finding a large amount of hippie infested music at the Record Exchange, and I am pretty certain I know who's collection it is. I don't know why, but I care about it for some weird reason. What if he lost his job? He doesn't have any family here. He doesn't know anyone well enough to borrow money from, other than me. He would never ask to borrow money from me, and I would hope he wouldn't. At the same time, I am pretty positive that in today's economy a job in painting houses is not going to be stable. I was informed by Tracy that she ran into him at Terrapin Station one day and he said he fell off a roof and broke one of his ribs. I warned him a million times over to protect himself when climbing up roofs, but he was always in too much of a hurry to get the job done quickly. Considering the amount of Grateful Dead and Neil Young, the fact that the economy is absolutely terrible for anyone working any sort of job dealing with houses, and knowing that he's too proud to ever ask help from anyone, I am pretty sure that he is struggling to not be homeless. I sort of wish I didn't delete his number so that I could call to make sure he's doing okay, but sometimes you've got to clean out your phone list, you know? ah well. maybe his mom will come save him either way.

April is still being exactly the month that it has always predicted itself to be; rainy weather and constant wind flurries. I am crossing my fingers that by the mid portion of this month that the heat will officially come in and allow some time for planting. I am ready to start planting and harvesting a garden! That's the one real country girl part of me that I've still got left. I fucking love gardening. Nothing is more satisfying than growing a bunch of your own vegetables and eating them fresh. It is so delicious and convenient!

Lots of love to you all, and have a wonderful swim.

No comments: